Voor onze klant, gevestigd te Antwerpen, zoeken wij een embedded software developer:
· Specify, design, implement and validate top quality software systems, in close collaboration with your fellow team members.
· Investigate, validate and integrate promising technologies. Stay on top of the latest technological evolutions.
· Innovate new ideas, track related research, develop new concepts, prototype ideas, and report on project status.
· Communicate technical innovations through reports and regular presentations to our stakeholders and divisional management.
· You have a passion for software development and cutting-edge technology.
· You have a special interest in embedded software development. You want to control, monitor and integrate machines in an industrial environment.
· You are either a senior software developer with an impressive track record, or you are a junior software developer who can convince us of your exceptional talent for software development (e.g. by demonstrating your contributions to an open-source software project).
· You are a proficient all-round programmer. Having a solid background in object-oriented programming is a must, having experience with C++ and Python a strong asset.
· You like to develop software in an agile way, and consider code review from your peers a must to achieve top quality software.
· Linux is your preferred development environment.
· You are familiar with TCP/IP communication. Preferably, you are also familiar with one or more of the following communication protocols: D-Bus, CORBA, XML-RPC, Java RMI, DDS, SOAP, CAN, Modbus, Profibus, Profinet, Ethernet/IP, EtherCAT, OPC UA.
· You are searching for an opportunity to grow in a team, and to complement the team by excelling in selected areas of interest.
· You are strongly motivated to continuously learn, and keep track of the latest technological advancements.
· You are intrigued by emerging trends in digitalization, embedded systems, connectivity, IoT, Industry 4.0, smart systems, robotics, M2M, AI, …
You have excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Analytical, problem-solving, curious, eager to learn.
· You try new ideas, methods and technologies because you are convinced there is always a better way.
· You are a real team player and like to learn from experts.
· You have a great sense of entrepreneurship.
· You are a strong communicator.