What we look for
* Educated to a Degree level
* A proven track record and leadership experience in European Government Relations and or Public Affairs.
* Previous Government Relations and or Public Affairs experience working in Brussels.
* Excellent knowledge and understanding of EU policy/regulatory environment and of the mechanics of EU decision-making.
* Established political and policy networks in Brussels or at Member State level.
* Experience in leading EU and/or Member State advocacy programs on complex technical and policy legislation/regulation.
* Excellent communication skills with management at all levels and customer management skills are required.
* Fluency in English
* Bachelor’s degree in Business, Political Science or International Affairs.
* Experience leading a Public Affairs office in Brussels.
* Industry experience in Energy Efficiency, Sustainable Energy, Electronic Security or Fire Life Safety.
* Fluency in French or another language
* Previously developed networks and relationships with industry associations such as: European Partnership for Energy and the Environment (EPEE), European Building Automation and Controls Association (eu.bac), Eurovent, EuroAce, Euralarm, European Fire Sprinkler Network, European Heat Pump Association (EHPA),The European Association for Storage of Energy (EASE), AMCHAM Belgium, AMCHAM EU, The European Alliance to Save Energy (EU-ASE), The Smart Buildings Alliance (SBA), smartEn, The European Chemical Industry Council (Cefic), The European Committee of Manufacturers of Electrical Machines and Power Electronics (CEMEP), European Heating Industry (EHI), DIGITALEUROPE, The Alliance for the Internet of Things Innovation (AIOTI), Association of European Automotive and Industrial Battery Manufacturers (EUROBAT) or European Committee of Electrical Installation Equipment Manufacturers (CECPAI).
Who we are
At JCI, we’re shaping the future to create a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.