Energy is essential to our modern lives, but we rarely ask how it gets to us. Fluxys knows how, because we put energy in motion – today and for tomorrow. Building on our heritage as a gas infrastructure company, we are committed to transporting other carbon-neutral energy carriers of the future.
Our ICT department designs, develops and manages IT systems for the entire company: remote transmission infrastructure for managing the gas grid, a suite of applications for monitoring the commercial activities and operations of the transmission grid, Zeebrugge LNG terminal and Loenhout underground storage facility, as well as data warehousing, autonomous server management, LAN and WAN, ERP, GIS, ECM, etc.
• As a DBA/SAP - BC Team Leader, you will be part of a team that assumes operational responsibility for databases (Oracle and MS SQL) and SAP systems at Fluxys. This team is in charge of:
- implementing new databases and SAP systems
- guaranteeing the performance and availability of databases and SAP systems
- managing incidents and analysing errors
- monitoring the environments in question
- running a 24-hour on-call watch system to ensure the above responsibilities
• You will lead projects that fall within your area of expertise and take part in transversal ICT projects.
• You will assist the team leader directly with maintenance work on databases and SAP systems and with budget management. You will also play a back-up role.
• Ultimately, you will assume sole responsibility for the team.
• You hold a master's degree in computer science.
• You have at least five years of experience in a similar function.
• You have an in-depth knowledge of one of the following software packages: Oracle RDBMS, SQL*Server RDBMS or SAP ERP (operational experience) You are motivated by the idea of acquiring, with the support of Fluxys, the necessary skills in the other two software packages.
• You have an analytical mind and are customer-oriented, enabling you to respond to customer needs effectively.
• You combine a passion for IT with a great thirst to learn about technological developments.
• You are flexible and are able to adapt to different target groups and situations.
• You have excellent communication skills.
• You speak fluent French or Dutch and you have a good knowledge of English.
• You are willing to be part of a 24-hour on-call system.
• Contribute and innovate towards a carbon-neutral world
• Shape a brilliant career in a fast-growing international group
• Learn among highly skilled colleagues in an environment of innovation and opportunity
• Showcase your strong appetite to contribute towards an array of dynamic projects that challenge your intellect
• Benefit from an attractive and competitive salary package including many fringe benefits (meal vouchers, 33 holidays, 30% discount on your energy bill, health insurance for your family, supplementary pension savings, …)
• Develop yourself through personal learning and development programs
• Enjoy a healthy work-life balance
You can simply apply by clicking the Apply Now button.