As a person you are passionate about people, business, IKEA’s purpose and continuously driving better performance. You are energized by driving business growth and contributing to overall success of IKEA through collaboration and at the same time increasing customer value.
For this role we believe you have minimum 10 years of experience in Sales, Customer Experience/Support or similar and delivering results as well as minimum 5 years of experience in leading and influencing co-workers and teams. Further, you have experience from retail, preferably home furnishing sector.
You have broad knowledge of IKEA concept, brand objectives, values and vision as well as in IKEA tools, processes and cycles as well as of operational plans and goals including follow up on KPI. In addition, you have broad knowledge of how consumer acts, feels and behaves in a multichannel retail environment to apply the insights in the shopping experience design in all touchpoints as well as how to identify and realise opportunities for add-ons, cross-selling and up-selling of IKEA products and services to fulfil customer needs. You have broad knowledge of the end-to-end buyer journey in the IKEA multichannel reality and online customer behaviours. Your knowledge of sales mechanisms and the pulse of the market as well as how to optimise the customer experience across physical and digital touchpoints and content to increase the likelihood that customer visits convert to sales is undisputed. When it comes to the local market you have broad knowledge about the local market environment, expectations from customers today and tomorrow to secure that commercial and service offers meet customer demands and needs. You possess good project and change management skills and know how to apply these in an extremely ambiguous environment requiring cross functional collaboration. In addition, you have broad knowledge of the methods and metrics used to measure competence and development.
You have ability to understand the complexity of IKEA business and the role of Commercial and selling as an integrated part of the business. Moreover, you have strong ability to lead while communicating in an inspirational way with IKEA tone of voice. Further, you have ability to take a holistic view of a global organisation and identify business opportunities accordingly as well as to prioritise and make decisions with speed and simplicity.
In the role as Country Core Area Manager, you are responsible for leading and acting as “CEO of the Core Area”, optimizing sales, gross margin and profit within the Core Area to enable for extraordinary growth.
• Lead the Core Area team, taking an umbrella view across Home Furnishing Business Areas (HFBs) in the core area in question, driving sales and securing peak performance throughout the year
• Be responsible to drive the Core Area Business through setting the direction based on a deep understanding of the local market needs from a consumer and range perspective using life at home as the base
• Be accountable for defining the core area strategy (with business leaders) and enabling execution in all channels via Business Leaders
• Actively cooperate with all key stakeholders within Commercial and beyond to secure integration, common focus and to maximize impact (for example Customer, Digital, CFF (Customer Fulfilment), Communications, Sustainability, Business Navigation Operations & Finance, People & Culture)
• Actively cooperate with Range & Supply to provide local knowledge input
• Contribute to the integrated multichannel executions/output of the Core Area in order to contribute to the business goals to realize business opportunities
• Supervise the performance of sales, profit and gross margin in the Core Area to maximize efficiency and effectiveness, and to ensure performance excellence throughout the year. Act on deviations and opportunities
• Take lead in driving an open and sharing climate, be a role model of the IKEA values and contribute to the transformation of IKEA
• Actively cooperate with Group Core Area Leader regarding commercial and HF&RD solutions, as well as the HFB managers in IKEA of Sweden regarding range & supply
Take lead in working on sustainability initiatives within selling through ensuring sustainability priorities are reflected across offering (e.g. Energy Efficient Lighting)
In this role you will report to the Selling Manager.
This role is located in Zaventem.
We are the ones meeting our customers – in our stores, online, in our catalogue and beyond. We have knowledge of the IKEA product range, local markets and customer needs and we constantly find new ways of making real connections with our customers to maximize sales and profitability. Together with thousands of colleagues around the world we’re a diverse team working for the continued global success of the IKEA Concept – a concept that helps millions of customers create a better everyday life!
We welcome applications from within the entire INGKA group. We will evaluate all incoming applications to assess whether the job requirements are being met and will prioritise accordingly.