As a person you are passionate about people, their rights and wellbeing. You have engagement and commitment to develop the business and deliver business results by optimising performance through people, mostly on tactical and operational level. You are an ambassador for the IKEA culture and values and enjoy working in a vibrant and changing multi-dimensional environment.
You have general knowledge of Belgian labour legislation and the rights and obligations of co-workers and employers. You are prepared to mediate the relationship between co-workers and employing entities and support in related cases.
Motivated and structured you know how to work independently, take own initiatives and responsibility. You have demonstrated strong tactical and operations skills. You express ideas and opinions effectively in verbal and written communication with the ability to influence others. Work across functions within your Market Area and in good collaboration with IKEA Units and Country HR team. You drive specific projects and assignments defined by the Market Area HR Manager.
For this role we believe you need to have strong record in working with co-worker relations topics.
Proven advanced training in Human Resources Management, legal or equivalent is a plus. You need to have strong communication and interpersonal skills and good command of English and at least one more language spoken in the Market area (Dutch or French). Experience from participating in national/global projects is a plus.
In the role as Co-worker Relations Specialist, you contribute to the overall co-worker relations strategy and follow up together with the organisation upholding our global Co-worker relations principles and code of conduct. You create the conditions for an engaging and healthy working environment where co-workers develop and perform.
• Ensure the relevant global people policies and standards are fully supported by the management team, implemented across the country and lived up to (e.g. Code of Conduct, co-worker relations principles)
• Establish and foster an ongoing open dialogue with co-workers and other organisations
• Together with your Market Area units secure the implementation of country HR policies and procedures in line with employment law compliance and follow up
• Contribute to increase expertise to leadership development in relation to co-worker relations, behaviours and trust throughout the organisation.
• Follow up on the I Share process on country level.
• Protect IKEA as an employer from potential threats by implementing and following a common way of managing labour issues on country level.
• Identify, evaluate and monitor actual and potential labour issues evolving internally or externally that could create significant risks for IKEA.
• Implement and follow up on the IKEA Employment standards and compliance in all units
• Follow up on the on health & wellbeing framework on country level
• Collaborate closely with the Learning Delivery Specialists in the Market Area to ensure learnings and consistency in creating a great co-worker experience.
In this role you will report to the Market Area HR Manager and have your home base in Zaventem. You will be responsible for more than one unit, which is why this function requires travelling. The distribution of the units needs to be defined.
IKEA is all about people, and our team make sure to bring the best people on board to keep our strong spirit of togetherness. We believe that different experiences and backgrounds collectively make us wiser and stronger, and we ensure that our co-workers bloom into their best selves as they contribute to our business.