At SGS, you can choose!
First of all, out of our various vacancies. However, SGS also gives you another choice. Do you choose to expand or to enrich? We are not only looking for colleagues who can go in to depths of their discipline. We are equally as much looking for colleagues who we call ‘connectors’, people who can connect our diversity to our services. To each other. And this way, enrich our business.
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. We’re also the benchmark worldwide for quality and integrity. And that makes us very proud. This can only happen thanks to more than 97 000 colleagues worldwide, with 1650 employees in Belgium only. Our employees give 110% of themselves every day, divided over all expertises, branches and cultures. Our coworkers build their own way inside the company, the services and the expertise.
SGS Life Sciences carries out all type of services for pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, from coordination and running of clinical trials with new molecules or techniques on human beings, to support and consultancy on post marketing registration activities. SGS Life Sciences has also expertise in the quality control of pharmaceuticals.
We are currently looking for Clinical Database Programmers (Mechelen)!
As a Clinical Data Programmer, you are working project related (your project = a clinical study) in a clinical study team within Data Management.
You are responsible for the setup of the SDTM (Study Data Tabulation Model) or clinical
back-end database which will serve as the Meta Data Repository for your study.
Next to this you will be cooperating with the Clinical Data Manager on your projects. You will be the person assigned for programming all data cleaning rules and loading schemes needed for the external data provided by the labs. All complex technical issues related to the data input and output of study data in the MDR are asking for your expertise.
Most important tasks:
- You are in contact with all external parties who need to deliver data
- You program loading scripts and create Data Transfer Agreements per external data stream
- You program the cleaning rules (SQL) described by the Clinical Data Manager on your studies and are responsible for the Metadata of your trial
- You program data listings, status and progress reports and the trial conversion (PL/SQL)
- You are responsible for the trial submission packages requested by the different authorities
- Your colleagues of the Biometrics department can count on you for general IT- and database related issue resolving
- You are dealing with the database implementations related to Mid Study Updates
- You have obtained a bachelor or master’s degree in IT/Biomedical IT or you have relevant proven experience on your track record
- You have good knowledge of PL/SQL and Databases
- Your knowledge of English is as close to ‘mother tongue’ as possible, this in written as well as spoken; good knowledge of Dutch is a big plus!
- You’re eager to learn and being a bit an autodidact is a plus!
- You have good communications skills, you are flexible and pro-active
- What’s a team without a team player? You love to work in team and can handle stress like a pro, thanks to your well-organized competences
What we have to offer:
Were you already considering a switch or new challenge in your career?
Maybe this could be your next step!
At SGS you can count on an interesting position where you can take responsibility.
Come enjoy our fun team of colleagues and on top of that, for this challenge, we will reward you with a salary package adapted to your needs (incl. retirement plan, company car, meal vouchers, …)
Do you want to be part of this?
We are looking forward hearing from you!
Send us your story and your resume via the application button and maybe you will soon join us for work ànd coffee breaks.
Still have questions?
Heidi Aerts can give you more details about the job. Send her an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.