The Lessines Capital Lead is the owner of the entire capital project portfolio and the associated project execution, management methodology, and systems for the site. The incumbent is a member of the Engineering leadership team of the site.
- Leads and drives the capital project management supporting capital portfolio for the Lessines site.
- Accountable for overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution and completion of capital projects ensuring consistency with business strategy, commitments and goals.
- Leads annual site CAPEX budget planning process, preparing and communicating CAPEX strategy/business needs to management.
- Develops and maintains an organizational structure and strategy to ensure the site is adequately organized/resourced to execute current and future CAPEX programs; owns the site resource Capacity Management system.
- Acts as the site contact for escalation/progression of capital request through the executive management endorsement and approval process.
- Provides regular status reports to the site Senior Ledaership Team and the Plasma Operating Unit defining project progress, problems and solutions.
- Ensures that proper risk management analyses are performed and mitigation plans are in place for all projects implementations.
- Owns the Site Master Plan and leads its update at least annually.
- Actively contributes to the Plasma Capital Community of Practice, and regularly bechmarks outside of Takeda.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
Education / experience
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and 10 + years of experience of relative business experience in project and operations management. Prior experience managing capital projects and full working knowledge of project controls in cost, schedule development and financial assessment is required. PMI or comparable certification and familiarity with project management in pharmaceutical industry are preferred.
Strong knowledge of cGMP and applicability in project management for design, execution activities including, but not limited to quality, project control, and commissioning/qualification of FDA and other agency regulated facilities including regulations governing product manufacturing. Full understanding of project controls and financial assessment required for Capital approval submission.
Core Competencies / Skills / Leadership Behaviors
- Ability to communicate clearly and accurately, verbally and in writing (French and English)
- Ability to performance manage senior technical professionals (include goal setting, reviews, and career development activities)
- Ability to problem solve, provide leadership and direction
- Abllity to work in a multi-discinplinary matrical organization.
- Ability to initiate and maintain extensive a network of contacts with representatives of other organizations
- Ability to manage significant capital and operating expense budgets
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to represent the site within the Plasma manufacturing network
- Ability to evaluate and prioritize activities to support the business and add value to the company while understanding the specific priorities at the multiple sites.
- Ability to bridge technical and business disciplines
- Strong understanding and knowledge of engineering and quality functions.
BEL - Lessines