As an actuary at DKV Belgium, you determine the premium required for existing and new products, monitor their profitability, and calculate the BGAAP and IFRS reserves.
To do this, you use statistical methods to analyze observed claims and portfolio evolutions and actuarial software to estimate further evolutions. You will work in a dynamic and driven actuarial team, but you will also work closely with other colleagues within DKV Belgium.
You will contribute to
- the setting of the premium for new individual and group products,
- formulating recommendations for adjusting premiums for existing products,
- the monitoring of the profitability of the products and the portfolio,
- the calculation of reserves based on various technical parameters and explaining the evolutions,
- estimating actuarial assumptions for use in premium setting, provisioning and Solvency II,
- the automation of processes where possible e.g., the calculation and reporting processes,
- ad hoc analyses on internal or external demand (including actuarial function, risk management, parent company, auditor, Assuralia, ...),
- the IFRS 17 project, and
- explaining results to colleagues, management and other stakeholders.
- You have an actuarial, mathematical or economic degree and preferably have several years of experience in similar positions.
- You are a team player and you actively work together with the other members of the team and with other teams within DKV in the context of projects, actuarial analyses, closings….
- You take initiative in continuously improving your knowledge and you are prepared to share that knowledge.
- You tackle problems in a constructive and proactive manner.
- You work accurately, pragmatically and efficiently. You have a critical mind, you are analytical and you easily link facts and figures.
- You can fluently translate actuarial technical matter to colleagues and management, both in writing and orally.
- You have a very good knowledge of English (both written and oral) and you have sufficient professional knowledge of French and Dutch.
- You have a good knowledge of the MS Office programs.
- Experience in actuarial and / or statistical software such as Prophet, ResQ and / or “R” is an asset.