(Associate) Scientist - Antwerp (BE)
For our client based in Antwerp, we are currently looking for an associate scientist. Our client is world-renowned for its discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies.
Due to our continuing growth we have exciting opportunities for talented, highly motivated junior Scientists at our drug discovery site in
The Associate Scientist will develop and conduct biological assays in accordance with project objectives, participating in project teams. Particularly (primary) human cell-based or stem cell assays in medium and high throughput and across various therapeutic areas. All this is done in a team-oriented, result-driven, international research environment that provides an excellent career opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated Scientist.
- Develop, optimize, validate and perform biological cell based assays; experimental design with the support of project leader.
- Assess effects of test compounds and analyse the associated data.
- Establish an understanding of the relevance of the data being generated on the project.
- Present own work confidently, internally, with clear rationale and produce slides on own work.
- Write up lab book to department and patent-acceptable standard.
- Highlight interesting biology papers for the project team.
- Use appropriate scientific literature to plan assays.
- Maintain a strong awareness of the relevant scientific literature and contemporary laboratory practices.
The following are minimum requirements related to the
- Recent MSc in a relevant discipline; capabilities to develop as scientist
- Up to 2 year of working experience
- Proficient in English
- Experience in molecular biology techniques
- Expertise in utilising complex cell-based assays is preferred
- can-do attitude
- good communication skills (written & verbal)
interested? don't hesitate to send your CV!