Day-to-day you will:
- Build solutions for Avanade's clients driven through data analysis that may include complex, high-dimensional datasets, both structured and unstructured
- Collect, aggregate, and analyze data from multiple internal and external sources to drive insights into business performance.
- Apply working expertise of statistics, machine learning, programming, data modeling, simulation, and advanced mathematics to recognize patterns, identify opportunities, pose business questions, and make valuable discoveries leading to better business decision-making
- Use a flexible, analytical approach to design, develop, and evaluate predictive models and advanced algorithms that lead to optimal value extraction from the data
- Communicate data-driven insights and deliver action plans that steer business strategy and decision-making for one or more business segments.
- Work with Avanade and client teams to translate prototypes into new products, services, and features and provide guidelines for large-scale implementations
- Provide input and guidance on data visualization techniques and opportunities
- Be recognized as an advanced individual contributor and work with minimal supervision with a high latitude for independent judgement
- Identify new analytics tools and techniques and lead development and deployment of infrastructure for generating and analyzing information
Key Role Skill & Capability Requirements:
- Your technical/non-technical skills include:
- Demonstrated experience of turning business use cases and requirements to technical solutions.
- Experience in business processing mapping of data and analytics solutions.
- Ability to conduct data profiling, cataloging, and mapping for technical design and construction of technical data flows.
- The ability to apply such methods to solve business problems using one or more Azure Data and Analytics services in combination with building data pipelines, data streams, and system integration.
- Mastery of .NET C# and T-SQL and familiarity with Python and Spark is required
- Knowledge of Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, Azure Databricks, Azure SQL DW, Azure SQL, and Azure App Service is required.
- Azure HDInsight + Spark, Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Stream Analytics, Azure IOT Hub, and Azure Event Hub is a plus.
- Experience preparing data for Data Science and Machine Learning.
- Experience preparing data for use in Azure Machine Learning is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience preparing data and building data pipelines for AI Use Cases (text, voice, image, etc.…).
- Designing and building Data Pipelines using streams of IOT data.
- Knowledge of Lambda and Kappa architecture patterns.
- Knowledge of Master Data Management (MDM) and Data Quality tools and processes
- Strong team collaboration and experience working with remote teams.
- Knowledge of Dev-Ops processes (including CI/CD) and Infrastructure as code fundamentals.
- Working experience with Visual Studio, PowerShell Scripting, and ARM templates.
- Knowledge of Jupyter Notebooks or Databricks Notebooks for Python development is a plus.
- Experience with Git and Azure DevOps is a must.
Microsoft Certified: Azure Data Scientist Associate
Preferred Education Background:
You likely possess a Bachelor's/Master’s/ PHD degree in Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Analytics, Operations Research, Economics/Econometrics, Engineering or another relevant quantitative field.
Preferred Years of Work Experience:
You likely have about 3-5+ years' relevant professional experience.
Scope of Work:
- Nature of Work: Executes project/program plans and processes in alignment with established operational objectives.
- Scope of Work: Work must be coordinated across different workstreams, processes, or projects.
- Complexity: Complex problems that can span across work domains requiring considerable judgement of contextual factors.
- Discretion: Wide latitude in approach to work within established work plans.
- Organizational Impact: Work efforts have an immediate impact on Avanade and/or client operations. If client-facing, should start to support client relationship and sales outcomes.
- Supervision Received: Works under general guidance and direction, but fully independent in own work with latitude for autonomous decision-making related to work process.
- Supervision Provided: Supports more junior colleagues on work efforts, with routine supervision of work efforts. May serve as Career Advisor.
- Knowledge Applied: Applies advanced knowledge of a learned occupation / discipline and basic knowledge of business operations.
Accountabilities & Metrics:
- Chargeability target
- Personal goals
- Training target