The Total Group has been present for 100 years in Belgium and employs more than 4,900 persons.
In Antwerp, Total has one of the most efficient integrated platforms for refining and petrochemicals. Total Raffinaderij Antwerpen (TRA) is one of the most modern and diversified refineries in Europe and the largest in Belgium.
The Group is currently looking for an Adjunct Head Fire Department (m/f/x) for the Antwerp Platform.
The fire brigade must be ready and prepared to intervene in serious incidents, fire, explosion, leaks. However, their main role is to ensure and/or give advice for prevention and conformity to legal requirements and Group standards concerning emergency preparedness.
Furthermore, their key role is to ensure the availability of the safety critical firefighting installations and equipment.
The Adjunct Head Fire brigade is responsible and accountable for the good functioning of the fire brigade at Antwerp Platform (personal and equipment).
Your tasks: * Daily management of the fire brigade
* Manage the fire department as an efficient organization.
Coach the Intervention leaders in order to maintain motivated teams and adequate
communication between the shifts (structural shift handover). * Ensure firefighting equipment (safety critical) is in line with legal requirements and standard. Execute the OPEX and CAPEX plan and put in place an efficient cost control. Review with the intervention leaders the maintenance (preventive and corrective) of the fire installations and tools.
* Monitor the execution the adequate training of the fireman.
* Ensure a weekly reporting of the highlights, based on info from intervention leaders on training, status of the safety critical equipment (emergency showers, sprinklers, firewater pumps, etc.) and review and correct as required.
* Fire prevention expert
* Integrate an adequate fire prevention in the scope of Projects.
* Advise management on the regulations with respect to fire prevention for installations and buildings.
* Be the focal point for the Turn Arounds and large Projects to check proper evacuation plans are available and evaluated. Manage the support, the control the accessibility for emergency teams, ensure the presence in the field of the fire brigade teams.
* Ensure the proper and pro-active commissioning of the new firefighting installations and equipment.
Takes one of the roles below
* Coordinator materials-housing-logistics
* Training coordinator exercises
* Coordinator operational planning, preparedness and response