ALM Insurance department is a subteam of 4 people within Group Treasury and is working exclusively for KBC Verzekeringen and its international insurance subsidiaries.
ALM Insurance is responsible for
- the integrated balance sheet management for the Insurance business, managing the gap between assets (investments) and the liabilities stemming from the insurance products. ALM insurance defines the investment strategy and frameworks. Currently the investment strategy consists of fixed income (sovereign bonds, corporate bonds, direct credits, mortgages), equity & real estate. The main front office tasks are outsourced to KBC AM and the KBC real estate department. As such ALM Insurance is an important contributor to the financial results of KBC Verzekeringen;
- monitoring the cash and liquidity position of the insurer and manage the accounting volatility
- providing support in relevant capital management decisions
ALM Insurance wants to be prepared for the future challenges. The fast changing business requirements, the increasing demands for regulatory and internal reporting (for example, the new IFRS 17 legislation), need to be captured and translated into the right investment strategies for the different insurance products.
So, if you, as an actuarial sciences student:
- want to make the bridge between insurance liabilities and the corresponding investments.
- are interested in financial markets and treasury activities.
- want to have frequent contacts with colleagues from the actuarial department, product development, asset and risk management.
- are interested to have more insight in the drivers of the PnL of KBC Group.
Then an internship at group treasury is an excellent idea!