GMED Healthcare BVBA is the European Trading and Distribution Company for all goods of the
Hospital Medical Devices (HMD) sector of J&J, managing a network of Distribution Centers and the
related in and outgoing material flows. As part of the MD Global Supply Chain, it is a central entity that
owns all goods and manages financial flows related to European distribution for HMD EMEA and
affiliate deliveries from Europe to rest of world.
This key management position within the GMED Finance Team is responsible for Account to Report
(A2R) activities and reports to the Senior Finance Manager – Accounting, Reporting and Compliance
(ARC). This role leads the A2R Team in ensuring all Corporate Reporting & Statutory reporting
requirements are met.
The role requires strong collaboration with other GMED Finance Groups, GS Team & corporate team,
as well as the local CLS Management team (distribution center). It is a key role which provides a great
opportunity to consolidate financial knowledge, talent development and business exposure.
Permanent contract – Full time.
• Team leader responsible for preparing and reviewing the following– but not limited to: Fixed
Asset accounting, P2P financial (PO management, P2P accruals, etc), balance sheet
reconciliations, period end closing, Journal entry postings, equity accounting, netting process,
banks, cash flow, etc.
• Responsible to provide guidance for accounting principles in GMED
• Responsible for effectively managing Charge in/out process and driving initiatives for
optimization that are aligned with GMED tax ruling model
• Continuously review accounting processes / standard procedures, to identify and implement
Best-in-Class practices to drive operational efficiencies in accounting processes, and
• Perform all accounting responsibilities in line with compliance and audit guidelines, in a
timely manner. Ensure teams have compliance mindset and partner with compliance and
audit teams, to ensure requirements are clearly articulated.
• Ensure robust balance sheet and KPI reviews with senior management – bring insights and
improved, visibility to financial statements.
• Support the ARC & broader GMED team in driving process improvements and
• Strategic Talent Mindset
• Trusted Business Partner
• Risk Management
• Business Acumen
• Agility and Innovation
• Strategic Leader
Fundamental for Execution:
• Financial Control and Compliance
• Technical and Analytical Capabilities
Internal: GMED Finance, Supply Chain Finance, CLS
Finance, GS-Finance, Corporate Finance, Courcelles
Distribution Center, HMD CLS, Audit, Treasury, Tax,
External: Banks, PO Suppliers, Auditors
• 6+ years of relevant work experience
• Preferable but not required recognised Professional Accounting qualification
• Strong analytical & technical accounting skills
• Strong collaboration, influencing, communication skills with strategic mindset
• Knowledge on the application of accounting tools and systems
• Strong working knowledge of accounting principles, concepts and J&J policies and procedures
(e.g. WWP & ICH, SOX 404)
• Knowledge of Compliance and Audit requirements
• Issue resolving and process improvement mindset (Mindset of Innovation and continuous
• Resilient and flexible to change, ability to manage complex and ambiguous situations
• Possess and promote values consistent with J&J Credo
• Knowledge of Medical Device and/or Supply Chain would be an advantage but not necessary
What’s in it for you…?
“Caring for the world, one person at a time…”
As an employee we consider you as our most valuable asset. We take your career seriously. As part of a global team in an innovative environment your development is key and our day-to-day responsibility. Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth. Our benefits make sure we care for you and your family now and in the future! We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.