TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation.
Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities,
Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
Vehicle Logistics (VLG) is responsible for the transportation (whether by vessel, rail or truck) of Toyota and Lexus vehicles from our Overseas – and Local Plants, to ports of export, inland compounds and/or retailers in Europe.
For those countries, where we assume responsibility till the retailer, our vehicles are customised (Post Production Option Installations) and checked (Pre Delivery Inspection) in our hubs, all strategically located within Europe.
This activity represents a budget in excess of €200 million/year.
The Vehicle Logistics Group seeks to challenge ‘Plant-to-Retailer’ lead-time, improve delivery performance and reduce cost through the application of Toyota Production System.
To support the above, our team is responsible for:
1) Annual Process :
• Review opportunities to re-design our network based on ongoing changes in the market
• Lead the review of Logistic Partner Performance, judge the need for tendering logistics services (hub-, port and transport).
• Where and when tendering is required, lead the Tender Process to appoint the Logistics Partner who fulfils TME requirements, from a Quality, Lead-time and Cost view-point.
2) Throughout the Year:
• Monitor Logistics Partners’ Performance
• Identify the root cause of performance gaps.
• Support operations members in closing any performance gaps
3) New Projects :
• Analyse the Network to ensure the Infrastructure is in-line with the Customer (Retailer) and Supply (Manufacturing Plant) requirements.
• Master degree focused on Engineering or Logistics
• We are looking for young graduates or having max. 14 months experience in an ordering/purchasing/logistics environment within an international company
• Strong numerical, logical and analytical skills
• Ability to develop creative ways for operational and cost improvement
• Ability to manage operational issues.
• Ability to work independently, yet manage projects as part of a team
• Have strong planning, coordination and organizing skills
• Result oriented, commercial acumen & service minded proactive attitude
• Strong communication skills in an open and professional manner
• Able to discuss & communicate with many stakeholders with diverse backgrounds and requirements
• Advanced knowledge of Excel, Access
• Proficiency in English, any other European language is an asset
• Automotive minded and knowledge of European culture (customer behaviours) and trends
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you
• Wish to develop & are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets
• Seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
• Are a flexible team player with a natural positive attitude and the desire to work respectfully with people with a hands on mentality
• Have a customer first mind-set
Place of employment: Toyota Motor Europe, Belgium – European headquarters - Evere