TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation.
Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities,
Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
The Manufacturing Planning, Export function is at the heart of Toyota’s manufacturing operations. From our headquarters in Europe and Turkey we manage global export of production parts collected from suppliers and delivered to the global manufacturing base.
The scope of the operation includes
• 200+ parts suppliers
• 40+ manufacturing locations
• Shipments from 5 vanning centres as well as direct shipments from regional plants
All operations are planned and organised in accordance with the concepts of the Toyota Production System (TPS) to achieve Safety, Quality, Just-in-Time and Cost objectives.
As a member of the Export team you are expected to take the lead for following activities in order to realise the daily targets and offer continuous improvement:
• Ordering management: Ensure customer orders are processed and transmitted accurately (content/timing) to European suppliers
• Supplier management: Make sure supply follows demand in the most efficient way by setting ideal order lot and managing order-to-delivery lead time and packaging development
• Cross-dock management: Contribute to safe, high quality and efficient logistics by reviewing consolidation opportunities and shipping frequencies whilst maintaining efficient cross-dock layout and compliant shipping documentation
• Shipping line management: Ensure timely delivery within budget and cost reduction targets by daily relationship management and continuous shipping route reviews
• Kaizen: Identification of waste in internal and external processes as well as in operations, countermeasure development and consensus building to achieve continuous improvement through the PDCA cycle
• Project Management : In cooperation all stakeholders, ensure timely implementation of new export parts projects in line with agreed vehicle development and manufacturing preparation milestones in a truly cross-functional environment
• University degree, preferably in Logistics or Engineering
• You have affinity with automotive and are passionate about quality
• You are highly numeric, with strong logical and analytical skills (Excel & Access).
• You enjoy a multicultural and international environment
• You are pro-active and willing to be a team player in an international team
• You are stress resistant with a hands-on mentality
• You have the ability to develop creative ways for operational challenges and for cost improvements
• You are a pragmatic problem solver, result driven
• You have a driving license
• You are Fluent in English, any other European language is an asset
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
• wish to develop and are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets
• seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
• have strong planning and organizing skills
• enjoy working in a team, respecting others
• have customer first mindset
Place of employment: Toyota Motor Europe head office (Brussels)
Starting date: asap