United Parcel Service (NYSE: UPS) is a global leader in logistics, offering a broad range of solutions including the transportation of packages and freight, the facilitation of international trade, and the deployment of advanced technology to manage the world of business more efficiently. Headquartered in Atlanta, UPS serves more than 220 countries and territories worldwide. The company can be found on the Web at UPS.com and its corporate blog can be found at longitudes.ups.com.
• Reviews new customs legislative proposals
• Attends industry association meetings
• Attends meetings with stakeholders – European Commission
• Communicates with the customs affairs functions within the countries
• Represents UPS Brokerage towards authorities and customers
• Analyses EU Commission proposals
• Translates proposed legislation into brokerage process and IT requirements
• Develops project management plans and leads the implementation for the most complex and longer duration projects and programs; defines initiatives project needs and cross-functional roles/responsibilities throughout the project life cycle; develops recommendations and facilitates fulfillment of all project requirements given the current project and organizational dynamics; overcomes complex organizational resistance to cross-functional project demands; considered an expert in the discipline of project management and remains current on advanced project management practices and tools.
• Works with cross functional teams to ensure implementation of changes
• Monitors the implementation of new systems and processes
• Very solid business acumen
• Thorough experience obtained through supervising/managing Brokerage operations
• Thorough knowledge and experience of UPS brokerage system BOSS
• Excellent knowledge of customs law
• Basic knowledge of VAT law
• Experience with industry associations on national as well as European level
• Basic knowledge of package operations and hub sorts
• Basic knowledge of UPS Enterprise systems (OPSYS, GSSI, GSSU, iPrint, iView, IDIS)
• Fluent business English
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Good analytical skills
• Can work under pressure
• Good presentation skills
What we offer:
• On a full-time basis and depending on the needs of the various projects.
A career at UPS is about a lot more than just packages, it's about the new logistics - the most powerful force in business today. The new logistics facilitates growth for any business of any size through international trade. It levels the playing field and empowers businesses. Be part of the new logistics, be part of UPS. Every day, UPS empowers over 400,000 exceptional people employed by the company, in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide, helping them attain their personal and professional best. Being a part of the UPS winning team is not just a career, it's a life lesson – an opportunity for a lifetime.