A non-profit member-based organization, PV CYCLE offers both collective and tailor-made waste management and legal compliance services for companies and waste holders around the world.
Founded in 2007 by and for the PV industry, PV CYCLE today includes a broad range of electrical and electronic equipment, batteries, packaging and industrial waste in its portfolio.
The organization has national representations throughout the globe including, Germany, Italy, France, the United States, Japan, Spain and the United Kingdom.
Responsible for planning, development and implementation of all of the Organization’s marketing strategies, marketing communications, and public relations activities, both external and internal.
Oversees development and implementation of support materials and services for chapters in the area of marketing, communications and public relations. Directs the efforts of the marketing, communications and public relations staff and coordinates at the strategic and tactical levels with the other functions of the Organization.
The past five years the principal responsibilities have been implemented by the current Communications, PR and Marketing Manager you shall replace.
However, we look for a candidate with less experience but a huge interest in becoming a top level independent Communications, Marketing & PR Manager within a young organization.
The position reports to the Managing Director and serves as a member of the management team.
This position participates with the Board of Directors, Managing Director and other
management staff in charting the direction of the Organization, assuring its accountability to
all constituencies, and ensuring its effective operation.
Within the Organization, the position has primary working relationships with the
Managing Director, Country Managers, staff of the country managers, and the service providers.
Outside the agency, the position coordinates, primarily, with the media.
Marketing, communications and public relations
1. Responsible for creating, implementing and measuring the success of:
a comprehensive marketing, communications and public relations program that will enhance the Organization’s image and position within the marketplace and the general public, and facilitate internal and external communications; and,
all Organization marketing, communications and public relations activities and materials including publications, media relations, client acquisition and so forth.
2. Ensure articulation of Organization’s desired image and position, assure consistent
communication of image and position throughout the Organization, and assure
communication of image and position to all constituencies, both internal and external.
3. Responsible for editorial direction, design, production and distribution of all Organization
4. Coordinate media interest in the Organization and ensure regular contact with target
media and appropriate response to media requests.
5. Act as the Organization’s representative with the media.
6. Coordinate the appearance of all Organization print and electronic materials such as
letterhead, use of logo, brochures, etc.
7. Develop, coordinate and oversee programs, technical assistance and resource materials to
assist chapters in the marketing, communications and positioning of their activities.
8. Provide counsel to chapters on marketing, communications and public relations.
9. Ensure that the Organization regularly conducts relevant market research and coordinate
and oversee this activity. Monitor trends.
10. Leads projects as assigned, such as cause-related marketing and special events.
Planning and budgeting
1. Responsible for the achievement of marketing/communications/public relations mission,
goals and financial objectives. Ensure that evaluation systems are in place related to these
goals and objectives and report progress to the Managing Director, Country Managers and Board.
2. Develop short- and long-term plans and budgets for the marketing/communications/
public relations program and its activities, monitor progress, assure adherence and
3. Develop, implement and monitor systems and procedures necessary to the smooth
operation of the marketing/communications/public relations function.
4. Keep informed of developments in the fields of marketing, communications and public
relations, not-for-profit management and governance, and the specific business of the
Organization and use this information to help the Organization operate with initiative
1. Work with senior staff and other staff to develop and maintain a strategic perspective -- based on marketplace and constituent needs and satisfaction -- in organizational direction, program and
services, and decision-making; and, ensure the overall health and vitality of the Organization.
2. Help make sure that the Organization’s philosophy, mission and vision are pertinent and
practiced throughout the organization.
3. Develop and coordinate means to seek regular input from the Organization’s key
constituencies regarding the quality of programs and services and the Organization’s
4. Help formulate and administer policies to ensure the integrity of the Organization.
5. Act as an internal consultant to bring attention and solutions to institutional priorities.
1. Design, support and oversee cross-functional teams throughout the Organization.
2. Design, support and oversee cross-country teams throughout the Organization
Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing,
communications and public relations activities.
Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal sales skills.
Experience developing and managing budgets.
Strong social media skills.
Demonstrated successful experience writing press releases, making presentations and
negotiating with media.
Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials and publications.
Computer literacy in word processing, data base management and page layout.
Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams.
Strong oral and written communications skills.
Ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
Out-of-town, overnight travel is required.
Minimum of 2 years experience in marketing, communications or public relations with demonstrated success.
Bachelors degree in journalism, marketing, public relations preferred.
Languages: most preferred is fluent in French, German, Dutch and English.
Less preferred when English and only one of the other languages listed above.