Area Manager - Belgium
Part of TripAdvisor, TheFork is the leading European restaurant booking platform, providing an online and mobile service to internet users to find, select and book restaurants.
TheFork also provides its restaurant partners with an integrated SaaS.
This software helps restaurants maximize bookings, secure online bookings, compile customer records and ultimately reach their customers in a far more personalized manner.
TheFork, headquartered in Paris with over 500 employees, is operating in 12 countries (France, Spain, Switzerland, Belgium, Italy, Netherlands, Sweden, Denmark, Turkey, Portugal, Brazil and Australia) under the brands LaFourchette, Eltenedor, The Fork, MyTable, Iens, Seatme, Dimmi.
We are always looking for passionate, data driven, user oriented and humble colleagues, ready to change an industry.
Under the direction of the Regional Director, France, Belgium & Switzerland (who is based in Paris), as the Area Manager, you manage all the activities relating to the building of the business in Belgium, in coordination with the headquarter.
- Managing a local sales team who will: go and sell TheFork’s proprietary electronic reservation book (ERB) to restaurants, and: recruit restaurants into the portfolio of TheFork’s partner restaurants, allowing TheFork users to make online reservations in these restaurants.
- Meet your own hunting targets by recruiting new restaurants into our portfolio.
- Defining and refining a sales and offer strategy in order to conquer the market and to win over competitors.
- Building and managing a team whose task is to maintain the relationship with the partner restaurants and to assist them in increasing their volume of reservations, for example through yield management activities.
- Setting up objectives for your team and following up their achievements, using dashboards designed centrally.
- Act as an evangelist for the company with internal and external constituencies, building local relationships, representing the company as country leader at events & media, both within the industry and at large.
You Profile sought
- 5+ years’ experience in a B2B Sales leadership position.
- A strong knowledge of the Belgium restaurant industry is strongly recommended
- Experience of a multi-channel sales approach, with an emphasis on volume sales.
- Experience in the Internet or mobile application industry is strongly requested.
- Experience both in an entrepreneurial environment and in a structured, mature environment would match our hopes.
- Experience in the travel industry or restaurant industry is a strong plus.
- Fluent in French and English (a third language would be a plus).
Your personal qualities:
- Quick-thinker and doer. Results-oriented. Team player.
- Charismatic, motivating, you have the energy and will to build from scratch a leader in a new market.
- Entrepreneur, self -starter, adaptable.
Compensation & Localization:
- Remuneration: attractive package composed with fix + variable compensation + benefits