A recent study suggests that most Belgians are nervous before a job interview. You too? Take note of our 10 tips so you don't lose your cool:
1. Many interviewers ask you to take a few minutes to introduce yourself. Prepare your answer and, if necessary, practise sounding natural by repeating it. Most importantly, don't forget to mention the important aspects of your professional experience.
2. It is also important that you are aware of your strengths and weaknesses as they are also often the subject of an interview question.
3. Draw up a list of typical questions you can expect and practise your replies. You can practise with a friend or family member, for example.
4. Also, consider why you want the job in question, so you have a ready answer as soon as you are asked the question.
5. Carefully reread the required profile for the position carefully before going to the interview so you have a clear, precise idea of the position for which you are applying. This will allow you to show a keen interest in the position at the interview.
6. Have a last look at the company website to give yourself a better idea of what it does. Get together as much information as you can. This always makes a good impression and also allows you to ask pertinent questions on the areas which are not yet entirely clear.
7. A few days before the interview, go to the company offices so you have an idea of where it is and how long it will take to get there. This will allow you to arrive on time on the day of your interview: Arriving late makes a very bad impression.
8. Make sure you have the telephone number of your contact within the company so you can warn them if you do still arrive late.
9. Wear neat clothing in which you feel comfortable. This will make you feel more at ease to begin with.
10. And finally, even if it is the job of your dreams, be yourself during the interview. Pretending to be someone you are not will serve no purpose.
Good luck at your interview!
Transgenders do not always have an easy time at the workplace, just like other minority groups. Fortunately, for the past few years laws have been in place to ensure your rights as a transgender. An overview.
Have you ever considered becoming a Product Manager? Jean-Christophe shares with us his enthusiasm for his job.